TBTA Announces NY Tolling Authorities Customer Service Center Industry Day
The New York State Thruway Authority (NYSTA), The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (PANYNJ), and the Triborough Bridge and Tunnel Authority (TBTA) are public authorities that collect tolls from users of their facilities using a number of different methods, including an electronic toll collection (ETC) system known as E-ZPass and a Tolls by Mail Program.
NYSTA, PANYNJ, and TBTA each contract with a jointly selected vendor to operate a consolidated customer contact and back office system and associated customer service center operations, known as the New York Customer Service Center (NYCSC). The NYCSC provides services including transponder distribution, account management, payment processing, customer contact center, violation processing, and invoicing for Tolls by Mail Bills associated for customers without E- ZPass Tags under Cashless Tolling. In addition, TBTA will add Central Business District Tolling (CBDT) to functions and services to be provided by the new CSC.
The purpose of Industry Day is to share information about the NYCSC and our procurement process, as well as gather information from the industry with the goal of increasing competition for the upcoming solicitations for the NYCSC System and Operations.
The agenda for the Industry Day is as follows:
• An initial presentation by the Authorities about the program, their agencies and the upcoming procurements (10:00 to 11:00 am).
• A question and answer period (11:00 to 11:30).
• Break (11:30 to 12:00).
• Industry one-on-one meetings. Vendors will be provided tables where they can set up in the Board room. Authorities’ staff will move from vendor to vendor to engage in interactive discussions about vendor products, services, and ideas regarding the procurements (12:00 to 3:00).
Date, Time and Location
May 14, 2019, 10am-3pm
(Please allow at least 30 minutes to get from the security desk to the Board room.)
MTA Headquarters, 2 Broadway, 20th floor Board Room, New York, NY 10004
Vendors should come prepared to discuss specifics such as:
• Innovative ideas for provision of the back-office system, including security, redundancy, customer self-service.
• Cost saving measures that mutually benefit the Authorities and the contractor.
• Ways to ensure operational efficiencies and good customer service.
• Reasonable requirements in contracts and specifications.
• Logical splits of responsibilities between the system and operations contracts.
• Ideas for and experience with CBDT handling in the system and operations.
Confirmation of Participation is Required by May 8, 2019 (Table space is limited)
To confirm your participation, or for questions, please contact Zulema Robinson at 646-252-7349; email@example.com. Please provide information on your areas of expertise and interest in participation.