SW Engineer II (C & Machine Learning)
US | US-MD-Germantown
Through our dedicated associates, Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of Fortune 100 companies and over 500 governments – creating exceptional outcomes for our clients and the millions of people who count on them.
You have an opportunity to personally thrive, make a difference and be part of a culture where individuality is noticed and valued every day.
- Responsible for handling image processing and the Automatic plate recognition, OCR
- Experience integrating 3 party API into system (Like REST API)
- This position has opportunity to transition in to ML engineer
May perform one or more of the following:
- 7 + years of experience of C or C++
- Basic scripting language, Python, Shell scripting
- Experience or understanding of Matlab R, , Open CV
- Experience in high volume processing images is a plus
- Strong Data analysis skills
- 2+ Experience in Oracle or SQL is preferred
- Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products.
- Analyzes, programs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in TCP/IP , networked, or Internet-related computer programs.
- Using current programming languages and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications.
- Plans and directs studies of potential electronic data processing applications.
- BS / MS in CS with 5+ years relevant experience
Candidate Minimum Qualification:
- Able to guide junior developers and interact with stake holders
- Minimum shows a systematic, analytical approach to problem solving.
- Minimum technical knowledge and understanding of major technology areas, platforms, development processes and system lifecycles
- Experience working with data visualization tools.
- Experienced in ML is a plus
- Being able to create and iterate on solutions and dashboards to empower operational and exploratory analysis.
- Understanding of the conventional image and video processing approaches.
- Working knowledge of database is added advantage.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law.
People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the “Submit” button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form. You may also click here to access Conduent’s ADAAA Accommodation Policy.