Responsible for developing and analyzing features, functions, and sections of the ERC toll systems software. Assists the Technology Team in assessing system requirements, improvements, completing system flow charts, and documenting development activities. Writes bug fix code and/or queries for assigned sections, checks functionality, and ensures that programming is easy to read and understand – including code from 3rd providers. Supports team members and ensures that established deadlines are met. Consults with and keeps management informed on development proposals, and activities and on any significant problems with system functionality and performance. Incumbent handles lower level coding functions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assumes responsibility for the effective performance of assigned programming functions.
- Works with groups to determine needed functionality and the development solutions of future systems.
- Implement software system changes for ERC toll system applications as required.
- Implementation and maintenance of software life cycle processes and procedures (ISO12207 aligned.
- Work closely with the toll system DbA and Systems Admin.
- Assist in service support activities – liaising with internal customers, conducting test planning and procedures to demonstrate correct functions of software that are planned to be introduced into the tolling system.
- Assists in flow charting and diagramming processes and provides documentation of programming activities as needed.
- Develops assigned features and sections of the toll system. Designs code to be easy to read and adjust, and reusable in future systems.
- Checks functionality of programming code with Systems Analysts and ensures that assigned sections are completely bug free. Perform software maintenance work involving bug fixing and debugging of existing software, coding new features and software problem solving (Level 1 and 2 maintenance).
- Participation in code reviews related to 3rd Party Level 3 updates to ERC toll system software, including participation in User Acceptance Reviews and Testing.
- Ensure System Engineering processes are invoked, including ensuring Configuration Management processes in place.
- Makes suggestions to increase efficiency in project development and to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining professional working relationships with customers, suppliers, and outside contacts.
- Tracks and resolves problems promptly and effectively.
- Obtains and conveys information as needed.
- Promotes goodwill and a positive image of the Company.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff and with management.
- Cooperates with technology team in integrating sections of the system. Provides support and assistance to team members.
- Keeps management well informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Completes assigned documentation accurately and timely.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Ensures work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Performs miscellaneous projects as assigned.
- Updates technical skills as required.
- Information users can effectively utilize established systems.
- Good business relations exist with users.
- Users’ concerns are promptly attended and any problems effectively resolved.
- Company information needs are met.
- Suggestions for improvements are made.
- Programming goals and projects are completed on schedule.
- Programming functions are completed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Data integrity and quality programs are maintained.
- Programs are efficient.
- Good working relationships exist with staff and with management.
Education/Certification: High school graduate or equivalent with four years of additional computer training/programming.
Required Knowledge: Knowledge of software applications. Understanding of related programming languages and procedures.
Experience Required: A minimum of 3 years of related programming experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to gather data and prepare reports.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Strong project management skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to operate all related computer applications and hardware.
- Ability to resolve problems and design solutions.
- Able to establish, maintain, and adhere to strict schedules.
- Able to work well independently.
- Good presentation skills.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to obtain a Criminal History Background Check and drug screen.
- Valid Virginia Driver License within 6 months.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management at any time.
Elizabeth River Crossings OpCo, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (gender), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
Candidates can apply for the position at https://www.driveert.com/