Elizabeth River Crossings
Director of Customer Service and Revenue Collection
Title: Director of Customer Service and Revenue Collection
The Director of Customer Service & Revenue Collections is responsible for directing and managing ERC’s collection of revenue and delivery of customer services to accomplish corporate goals and objectives. Responsibilities include providing team leadership; mitigating financial risk by establishing appropriate mechanisms for invoicing and collecting tolls within specific timeframes; and overseeing all related administrative functions across the ERC’s customer service center. The Director is responsible for defining and maintaining the business rules that govern all the steps of the tolling workflows, regardless whether executed by the Department, ERC’s Technology department or delegated to any other internal or external parties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITES:
- Lead staff activities and programs by scheduling and assigning tasks and projects, monitoring progress and providing feedback to staff. Delegate effectively and achieve timely results. Oversee personnel activities such as staff levels, recruitment, motivation, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, counseling and terminations.
- Identify and implement a culture that is conducive to employee growth, performance, loyalty and development. Implement career training programs offering staff development opportunities at every level.
- Responsible for timely and accurate execution of ERC’s Customer Service activities, and for operating ERC’s customer’s interaction channels to the performance levels defined by related service level indicators.
- Develop and lead throughout the organization the vision for customer service and customer experience. Own the customer experience map and implement continuous improvement. Seek and evaluate the customer feedback necessary to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Responsible for the expense budgets for Customer Service and Revenue Collection function, including Tolling System Subcontractor O&M costs, credit card, banking and other vendors. Serves as primary contact for the key vendors. Reviews and processes Consultant, Contractor and Vendor Invoices.
- Manages, coordinates and directs the work of Tolling System Subcontractor(s) where applicable. Provide feedback on the performance of the contract staff. Monitor and ensure the metrics required in pursuant to the contract are met.
- Responsible for development and monitoring of internal control procedures and policies to ensure customer service and/or security of revenues. Recommends policy or procedural changes to management to improve operations and/or efficiency.
- Supervise all activities of the department to ensure compliance with applicable law and business rules, and work in partnership with ERC Technology department to ensure that system availability and performance are continuously aligned with the Department assigned performance objectives, and in particular, all ERC’s tolling processes (whether executed automatically by the tolling system or through intervention of the Technology department staff) are timely and accurately executed.
- Manage and optimize the collections of overdue customer accounts. This includes oversight of the external Collection Agency, internal Escalations Department, and related violation enforcement activities such as DMV Hold and Court proceedings.
- Partner with Director of Technology, to manage the priorities, schedule, requirements definition, technical reviews, user acceptance testing, and implementation of new system functionality as delivered by Tolling System Subcontractor(s).
- Provides financial data, customer service data, regular reports, and special reports when needed.
- Ensure escalated customer inquiries are resolved in a timely and courteous manner.
- Develop relationships with VDOT and other partners; represent ERC as an organization.
- Identify and escalate potentially media sensitive matters to our Public Affairs personnel. Jointly work with Public Affairs to develop media strategy when necessary.
- Participate and create processes to present at toll industry events. Events are located throughout out the USA.
- Work with the Public Affairs personnel to plan and execute customer communication activities. Participate in community involvement activities with professional organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- ERC Senior Management Team
- Director of Technology
- Tolling Staff
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Four-year college degree in accounting, CPA or equivalent; plus a minimum of eight years of industry finance or accounting management, PMO, consulting or other related positions; or equivalent combination of experience and/or education. Prior experience managing a call center and/or a customer service focused environment. Prior experience in the Transportation Industry is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to resolve escalated customer service issues.
- Detailed understanding of tolling systems.
- Strong business acumen and ability to define and achieve financial goals.
- Prior experience developing and implementing business rules, policies, plans, and procedures.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and follow up skills.
- Must be able to partner with VDOT and outsourced tolling service providers.
- Ability to multi-task and work/deliver under pressure.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Power Point-will need to be able chart and graph trends able to create metrics, tracking and monitoring.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local regulations and safety laws.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to read and interpret construction contracts, specifications, and any other documentation associated with the tolling.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule with periodic travel.
- Ability to obtain a VDOT Security Clearance.
- Ability to obtain a Criminal History Background Check and drug screen.
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License.
This job is performed primarily within an office environment and may require frequent walking and the occasional working within construction environments. Other physical demands of the position will require sitting, standing, bending, and reaching within industrial environments. Some lifting is expected and the exertion of up to 35 lbs. may be required.
This job is performed primarily in an office setting but may require occasional visits to a construction work site. Exposure to conditions such as; rain, snow, wind, smoke, loud noises, and varied temperatures are possible. Working in and around high traffic volumes is also possible. He/she must be able to navigate our various workplaces and is expected to be able to comply with all Quality, Environmental, Health, Safety regulations in the workplace.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management at any time.
Elizabeth River Crossings OpCo, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (gender), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants, please apply online at https://driveert.applicantstack.com/x/openings