Tolling Consultant Project Engineer
We are currently seeking a Tolling Consultant Engineer in our Arlington, Richmond, or Virginia Beach, VA offices as part of our Mid-Atlantic Tolling Practice. The Toll Consulting Engineer is responsible for the successful management and delivery of projects and assignments as needed for our tolling clients located primarily within Mid-Atlantic region.
- Development of technical specifications and requirements for the implementation and operations of electronic toll collection lane systems and back offices (customer service and violation processing centers).
- Development of technical specifications and requirements for the implementation of toll system civil infrastructure.
- Support oversight and consultation to clients regarding the delivery of roadside toll collection and back office systems including testing and commissioning of systems.
- Provides technical expertise and consultation to clients on aspects of the design and implementation of in-lane toll collection systems, back office systems, and related tolling civil infrastructure.
- Supports HNTB projects which provide the services described herein. Includes development of proposals, scope of work, fee estimates, and schedule for consulting services.
- Assists with project QA activities such as verification of Bill of Materials.
- Responsible for monitoring of testing, including factory testing and operational testing and tracking of issues through resolution.
- Conducts toll collection system analysis; auditing lane data using data monitoring and recording systems.
- Provides technical expertise regarding toll system civil infrastructure.
- Provides technical expertise regarding IT-related issues and requirements associated with revenue collection and account management systems.
- Evaluates system vendors and provide recommendations to clients for available technologies and vendor capabilities.
- Exercises cost control on aspects of projects and quality control within areas of responsibility for planning, design and construction phases of projects.
- Completeness and accuracy of work.
- Technical liaison with client for work within the discipline.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience, 5 of which include work with Toll Agencies in toll operations and/ or toll technology activities.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Candidate must have experience with Managed Lane Systems.
- Ideal candidate would have Vendor relations experience and be able to evaluate system vendors and provide recommendations for replacement and upgrade of toll systems and account management systems.
To apply, go to: https://careers-hntb.icims.com/jobs/15932/tolling-consultant-project-engineer/job
For more information contact: Jenna Petersen, Senior Recruiter