Kapsch TrafficCom is seeking a Director of Data Analytics will create and manage our North American strategy for data science including big data, business intelligence, predictive analytics, machine learning, and associated tools and techniques. This role may reside in any of our N American offices.
Candidates MUST have experience working with big data in the transportation or tolling domain.
The position will require an entrepreneurial spirit to build and expand our data science practice and deliver innovative solutions to our traffic and tolling customers.
In this role, the Director of Data Analytics will:
- Provide internal and external thought leadership in BI and Data Analytics
- Work closely with business development and consulting teams to assess the marketplace, develop relationships with state and federal clients, and offer data analytics services.
- Engage with senior management and global solution centers to identify requirements for integrating BI and Data Analytics into our portfolio of products and services
- Support the solution consulting and project delivery teams to design and implement BI and Data Analytics solutions.
- Develop new business opportunities and methods of monetizing data collected
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in a technical or quantitative field (Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Math, or Engineering) from an accredited college or university. Candidates should have a deep technical understanding of data mining, machine learning, statistics, data science, decisions sciences, and cloud computing.
Candidates should also have: 5+ years of management experience in business intelligence and data analytics; experience describing technical details to non-technical audiences and translating statistics to bottom line business impact; and experience in the development of analytics products and consulting tools that can be packaged and delivered to external customers.