Kapsch TrafficCom is a global leader in the ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) industry, focused on connected vehicles, highway traffic management, electronic tolling, and smart city solutions. Learn what keeps Kapsch “always one step ahead” in people and technology by visiting our website https://www.kapsch.net/us/ktc
Kapsch TrafficCom is seeking a Project Manager for our office located in Chantilly, Virginia. Qualified candidates will be experienced in delivering turnkey Design-Build Transportation Systems. Experience managing Tolling projects is preferred.
The Project Manager is a key position that is responsible for an entire project(s) operation including contract compliance, financial performance, technical delivery, operations, billings, and staffing to successfully meet and complete project targets and deadlines at or under budget. The position assists with identification of additional client opportunities, as well as assisting in the preparation and writing of proposal materials and estimates for those opportunities.
- Establishing the project budget and financial performance targets
- Managing subcontractors including teaming and non-disclosure agreements
- Determining required resources, skills, and resource loading necessary to perform the work
- Preparing necessary corporate approvals for new contracts (project and operations)
- Assisting in the development of cost estimates
- Assisting with planning and build out of required infrastructure to provide services
- Validates, revises, and updates scope of work and time requirements of the contract
- Preparing a project or operations management plan
- identifying critical plan elements to routinely monitor/assess (project control points)
- Managing cost, schedule, and work plan
- Updating activities, durations, and milestone dates
- Managing cash flow and reconciling earned revenue and unbilled invoicing
- Documenting contract record with delivery issues, changes, and decisions
- Developing impact assessment for potential issues with mitigations strategies
- Reviewing and approving subcontractor and vendor invoices
- Meeting with client to address delivery, cash management, or contract issues
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience. Candidates should have a minimum of five years project management experience in delivering turnkey Design-Build ITS (Intelligent Transportation systems) or Toll projects. Experience managing Tolling projects is preferred.
Candidates should have a strong understanding of software integration projects: especially design, integration, operations and maintenance of software systems in the transportation arena.
A PMP is strongly preferred (successful candidate may be required to obtain a PMP or equivalent internal certifications).
Estimated travel of 10 to 15% is required.
Please apply online at: https://us851.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/e0229/Posting/View/887
The Kapsch portfolio of Advanced Traffic Management (ATM) services includes over 40 systems that integrate ATMS, SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition), and automation for collecting real-time traffic and facilities-related data from highways, managed lanes, bridges, and tunnels. This information is delivered to a traffic management center where it is processed for actionable use by road operators, government authorities, and road users.
Our tolling solutions span all-electronic toll collection in free-flow traffic, automated payment at conventional toll plazas, and city tolling. Our solutions comprise radio communication via micro waves, vehicle tracking via GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite Systems), ALPR (Automatic License Plate Recognition) video tolling, and vehicle classification via video and laser sensors LVDC (Laser Vehicle Detection and Classification). Our systems can manage operations for areas ranging from individual roads to entire regions, and can be modified for distance-based or time-based charging.
Our combined intelligent mobility solutions are used to aid traffic management personnel in making critical decisions during emergency response situations, as well as for providing real-time traffic information to road users from the highway to the city.
Kapsch TrafficCom is a leading global provider of intelligent transportation systems (ITS) and offers solutions across our customers’ entire value chain – from single products and components, to fully integrated turnkey systems and solutions in the applications of electronic toll collection, commercial vehicle operations, and highway traffic management. The Company is headquartered in Vienna, Austria with North American headquarters in McLean, Virginia and offices throughout the United States (Virginia, Georgia, New York, New Jersey, Texas, California), Canada (Mississauga) and Mexico (Mexico City).
Kapsch TrafficCom is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
Kapsch TrafficCom is a drug-free workplace.