- Performs complex business analysis work by facilitating the analysis of business processes and activities to meet Department’s needs.
- Develops, enhances, and/or maintains information resources applications for the Department.
- Develops and writes conceptual business process design specifications; or plans, analyzes, coordinates and supports the information needs of the Department.
- Work requires contact with business specialists, information providers, project managers, and Department management.
The essential duties of this job include:
- Deriving system and functional requirements by understanding the business requirements and facilitating the implementation of the requirements to meet the business rules.
- Developing business processes analyzing highly complex internal and external customer needs
- Testing, validating, updating and enhancing applications.
- The development of conceptual models for redesigning business processes.
- The development of project plans for executive information management projects
- Business value of proposed reporting enhancements and makes recommendations to the administration.
- Business value of proposed business changes and makes priority recommendations to the administration.
- Analyzes diverse data repositories and designs and maintains executive-level reports in a single source repository of executive information.
- Business processes and departmental information needs and/or assists technical professionals in analysis and assessment of a variety of business areas.
- Composes and compiles progress/status reports, memoranda, correspondence, and other department documentation on diverse subject matter, prepares and makes presentations.
- Identifies, defines and researches issues of potential strategic importance.
- Plans and coordinates activities associated with the delivery of highly complex business and information analyses, information repositories and Information Technology based applications.
- Ascertains business area readiness for change to new business processes and identifies appropriate implementation measures.
- Defines, evaluates and promotes the philosophy of business improvement through the use of technology, process improvement and human resources.
- Monitors the implementation process and conducts follow-up for facilitated workshops to ensure effective use of business personnel in performing analysis and developing specifications.
- Performs benchmark comparisons of business processes to external entities.
- Stays abreast of the policies, procedures and legislation that may impact various business areas.
- Works with consultants, vendors and other entities
- Performs other job responsibilities as assigned.
The required competencies for this job include:
- Methods, processes and tools used in the analysis of business processes and for the rapid development of software applications
- Systems development using analysis, design and documentation methodologies
- Facilitating groups using effective communications methods; contributing to and guiding groups in defining objectives, staying on task and reaching consensus; soliciting participation, challenging ideas and summarizing accomplishments and planned actions
- Analyzing issues, facts and available information to develop logical solutions; researching inconsistencies of facts or data; drawing correct inferences from information and making recommendations that support business decisions
- Analyzing business, technical and managerial problems and developing, recommending and implementing effective solutions
- Maintaining effective working relationships with others
- Writing, reviewing and revising documents to include engineering notes, specifications, standards and procedures. Composing correspondence and technical documents
- Planning and coordinating workshops, seminars and task force activities. Developing and giving presentations.
- Analyzing and organizing business and technical data. Determining business needs
- Using computers and applicable programs, applications and systems
- Shows integrity and ethical behavior; respects confidentiality, business ethics and organizational standards
- Exercises logic and reasoning to define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; makes decisions that support business objectives and go
This job requires the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Admin, Computer Science, Manage Info Systems, or related discipline
This job requires the following:
- 3 years in business-related analysis, technical system analysis and design, project management and/or support
- Experience can be satisfied by fulltime or prorated parttime equivalent
- No supervisory experience required.
- Related graduate level education may be substituted for experience on a year per year basis.
For additional information and to apply, go to: https://bit.ly/31545J0