OKLAHOMA TURNPIKE AUTHORITY
Assistant Director of Customer Service-Retail Operations
(Unclassified Project Manager, #0765)
Opening Date: April 9, 2020, 8:00 AM Closing Date: April 22, 2020, 11:59 PM
Vacancies: One Announcement: 20-28 PIN: 97800766
Work Location: Oklahoma City Working Title: Assistant Director of Customer Service-Retail Operations
- Leads the day-to-day retail operations including Government, Fleet and Limited Service Facilities (LSF).
- Ability to communicate with both small and large account bases to facilitate ongoing relationships.
- Ensures the continuous improvement of the customer experience both in store and through the PIKEPASS Mobile Store; provides recommendations for analysis and development of custom and agent reports.
- Acts as a liaison between Customer Service and the legislative branch for the OTA; handles executive escalations of Customer Service account holders.
- Experience with root cause analysis and data interpretation leading to implementation of new policy and procedures.
- Supervises, trains, develops and manages staff in the daily operations and multiple functions of Customer Service operations including responsibility for work schedules and project planning, human resources management, budgeting, and other related administrative functions of the Customer Service Division.
- Collaborates with management team to identify and analyze systems and processes for improvement to streamline the retail workflow.
- Manages the interview and selection process; monitors employee performance and provides feedback.
- Assists in preparation of Customer Service Division budget; monitors expenses and provides effective cost control oversight.
- Manages multiple projects; allocates resources and executes tasks and resources to complete projects timely.
- Establishes, implements, and maintains procedures for support requests and issues escalation to the Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES), Customer Service Division staff, local and long distance carriers and OTA staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices; of business communications; and of interviewing techniques.
Ability to plan, direct and coordinate the activities of others; to analyze and resolve administrative and human resources management or staff development issues; to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; to organize and conduct several projects simultaneously; to identify key data components and to extract for data analysis and/or operational performance improvements; to analyze complex situations and adopt an appropriate course of action; and to work with and supervise a team.
A bachelor’s degree and four years of professional marketing, business management, retail management, or related professional experience including two years of experience in a supervisory or managerial capacity or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of qualifying experience for each year of the required education. No substitution for the required supervisory/managerial experience. Experience working with Microsoft Power BI is preferred, but not required.
Approximately 25-40% of the workweek will be spent traveling in-state. No overnight travel. Valid Oklahoma driver’s license is required.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Director, Customer Service Division
Oklahoma Turnpike Authority
4401 W. Memorial Rd., Suite 130
Oklahoma City, OK 73134
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER