Image Processing Engineer
International company seeking skilled individuals for direct hire employment in Knoxville, TN
For over 30 years Perceptics, LLC has engineered the most accurate, high-performance vehicle identification and license plate recognition technology in the industry. We engineer products that serve the Border Control, Commercial Vehicle, Electronic Toll Collection, Security, and Ports and Cargo Industries. Perceptics has secured thousands of border checkpoints and our products automate over 200 hundred million vehicle inspections annually. Our customers include local, state, national and international governments among others. In addition, Perceptics has a global distribution network that helps to deliver our products more efficiently and in a capacity that best meets the needs of our end users. Perceptics prides itself on developing superior technologies as well as delivering unmatched customer service.
Immediate opening for an experienced Image Processing Engineer. The successful candidate will have 4 or more years experience in C/C++ programming, with a focus on developing and implementing image processing and/or signal processing algorithms.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement image processing and/or signal processing algorithms using a cross-platform development environment.
- Develop real-time, embedded applications in a multi-tasking, interrupt-driven operating system environment.
- Design and integrate mission-critical automated systems.
- Effective implementation of video, optics and illumination systems.
- Assist with first production unit test, and transition of engineering designs into manufacturing.
- Provide engineering support throughout the entire product/project lifecycle.
In addition to the engineering responsibilities additional position requirements include:
- Occasional travel to install or demonstrate state-of-the-art solutions for imaging technology applications.
- Ensure customer requirements are met.
- Interface with other departments in the company.
- Support Sales and Marketing equipment demonstrations
- Proven teamwork experience
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Physics
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in C/C++ programming.
- Familiarity with embedded environments and/or real-time operating kernels.
- Experience developing and implementing image processing and/or signal processing algorithms.
- Knowledge of pattern recognition concepts and algorithms. Data mining.
- Proven record of excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, results oriented, and ability to work well in a team environment with minimal supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Candidates must be a US citizen.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Please submit your letter of interest and resume´ to firstname.lastname@example.org
11130 Kingston Pike, Suite 6
Knoxville, TN 37934