Kapsch TrafficCom Transportation is seeking a Systems Engineer to support its growing Consultant Program in Transportation Systems Management and Operations (TSM&O) in our Orlando, Florida office.
In this role, the Systems Engineer will perform engineering duties in transportation operations program planning and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) design and deployment.
- Apply knowledge of transportation/traffic engineering to develop strategic frameworks
- Gather and analyze field data, and review/develop technical documentation,
- including system requirements, concepts of operations, system designs, test plans, field deployment plan and operations plan
- Support TSM&O research and strategic planning, business planning, technology assessments, project/program evaluations, benefit-cost assessments, and
development of technical reports and manuals
- Deploy, test, and operate hardware and software as needed
- Assist with project oversight and proposal development
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering with a concentration in transportation
- Minimum of two-years relevant work experience required. (Alternative qualifications: a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a concentration in transportation, and minimum of four-years relevant work experience.)
- Must demonstrate advanced analytic skills
- Strong technical writing and oral communications skills required
- Civil Engineering FE required, and/or PE preferred. Must obtain Florida reciprocity PE license within 6 months of start date.
Applicants should be available for 10 to 25% travel based on project requirements.
Kapsch TrafficCom is a leading global provider of intelligent transportation systems (ITS) and offers solutions across our customers’ entire value chain – from single products and components, to fully integrated turnkey systems and solutions in the applications of electronic toll collection, commercial vehicle operations, and highway traffic management. The Company is headquartered in Vienna, Austria with North American headquarters in McLean, Virginia and offices throughout the United States (Virginia, Georgia, New York, New Jersey, Texas, California), Canada (Mississauga) and Mexico (Mexico City).
Kapsch TrafficCom is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
Kapsch TrafficCom is a drug-free workplace.