Washington State Department of Transportation
Request for Discussion
Tacoma Narrows Bridge Toll Collection System
The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) intends to publish a Request for Proposals (RFP) in the summer of 2019 to replace the existing Tacoma Narrows Bridge (TNB) toll collection system and provide maintenance and attended toll booth operations through approximately 2031.
1. Execute a safe and smooth transition to a new toll collection system that minimizes or eliminates revenue loss and minimizes disruption to customers.
2. Achieve operational cost efficiencies through the application of innovation, technology, and industry best practices.
3. Meet or exceed schedule and performance targets.
4. Cooperate and collaborate productively with WSDOT and its project partners.
5. Provide a superior customer experience at the toll booths.
Request for Discussion
To inform its RFP development process, WSDOT is seeking input from toll system solutions providers in private, in-person, one-on-one discussions to be held April 29-May 3, 2019 at WSDOT’s Toll Division offices at 401 Second Avenue South in Seattle, Washington. The discussions will primarily focus on two key questions related to this procurement:
1. How can the transition to a new toll collection system be achieved with no or minimal loss in toll revenue and with minimal impact to the public?
2. How can operational cost efficiencies be achieved through the application of innovation and technology?
Interested toll system solution providers are invited to follow the process outlined in the Request for Discussion document, which can be found at https://www.wsdot.wa.gov/business/contracts/information-technology. Requests for one-on-one discussions should be submitted by email no later than 4 p.m. Pacific time on April 12, 2019.
Tentative Procurement Schedule
Request for Discussion Release: March 27, 2019
Discussion Response Due: April 12, 2019
One-on-one Discussions: April 29-May 3, 2019
Request for Proposal: Release June 2019
Proposals Due: Dec. 2019
Award Notice to Proceed: Jan. 2020
Go-Live (No Later Than): July 2021
Vendors interested in receiving future notifications related to this procurement should register at the Washington Electronic Business Solution (WEBS) at the following link:
Washington State is an equal opportunity employer and Minority- and Women-owned businesses are encouraged to reply.