- Florida's SunTrax Testing Facility Nears Completion
- USDOT Approves 35 State-Level Plans For EV Charging Infrastructure Expansion
- Metro Pacific Announces Plan To Extend New Cebu Expressway
- Salik Increases Its IPO Offering In Response to Investor Demand
- These are just some of the toll industry developments TRN is following.
This is a Subscribers-Only area. If you are a subscriber, please login. If not...
Become a Subscriber Today »
Florida's SunTrax Testing Facility Nears Completion
St. Pete Catalyst reports that SunTrax, the state-of-the-art transportation technology development and testing facility in Lakeland, Florida, is scheduled to be fully operational by early next year. A central feature of the complex — it includes a conference center, classrooms, a maintenance building and workshops — is its multi-lane test tracks, which will “make SunTrax the only high-speed autonomous vehicle (AV) testing facility in the southeastern United States and the only high-speed track in the world to offer tolling simulation, handling speeds of up to 70 miles per hour.” SunTrax is being developed by Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise and FDOT at a construction cost of $141.2 million.Florida Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) Florida's Turnpike Enterprise (FTE) Self-Driving Vehicles SunTrax Transportation and Infrastructure Research & Development
USDOT Approves 35 State-Level Plans For EV Charging Infrastructure Expansion
AASHTO Journal reports, “The Federal Highway Administration said it has approved 35 or more than two-thirds of the electric vehicle or EV infrastructure deployment plans submitted by all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico in early August. Those states with approved plans can now unlock more than $900 million in fiscal year 2022 and 2023 funding available through the National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure or NEVI formula program, FHWA said.”
A USDOT news release lists the jurisdictions whose plans have been approved and notes that prior to receiving approvals, state DOTs “were able to begin staffing and activities directly related to the development of their plans. After plan approval, states can be reimbursed for those costs and now have a wide range of options to use their NEVI Formula funding for projects directly related to the charging of a vehicle. . . .”Electric and Hybrid Vehicles US Department of Transportation (USDOT) US Gov't Transportation Funding US Infrastructure Funding And Financing Initiatives
Metro Pacific Announces Plan To Extend New Cebu Expressway
Philippine Daily Inquirer reports, Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation plans to to extend the Cebu-Cordova Link Expressway (CCLEX) that it opened just last April. The proposed two-kilometer (1.25-mile) extension would increase the facility’s daily volume — now 12,500 vehicles –by an estimated 10,000 to 12,000 vehicles. Metro Pacific said the extension will cost one billion pesos (about US$17.42 million).Philippines
Salik Increases Its IPO Offering In Response to Investor Demand
Arab News reports, as anticipated, on Friday, the Dubai government-owned Salik toll road system “increased its initial public offering size from 20 percent to 24.9 percent of its share capital, with the government continuing to own the remaining 75.1 percent. The number of shares offered in the IPO increased from 1.5 billion shares to 1.8 billion.” Subscriptions, which opened on September 13, will close tomorrow for retail investors and on September 21 for qualified investors. Salik decided to expand the size of the offering after investors snapped up all the originally available shares on the first day of the IPO.Dubai UAE Infrastructure Investment Trends Salik Toll Collection System United Arab Emirates (UAE)
These are just some of the toll industry developments TRN is following.
If you’re not already a Daily News Briefs subscriber and you want a complete picture of today’s news, click here or call 717-991-2823 for subscription information. If you’re a newcomer to TollRoadsNews.com, click here.