Senior Product Manager, Irvine, California
The Senior Product Manager works to develop innovative Tolling Back Office services in support of the North American and Australian business’ strategic growth and inventive agendas. As the owner of a specific service or set of services, it is the Senior Product Manager’s responsibility to assure that the appropriate capabilities are being incorporated into the service(s) along with specific qualities aligned with business enablement and growth.
You will need to work closely with the Product Director, Platform Director and Product Strategy Director to translate business requirements into user stories for the development teams to implement in agile sprints. The role requires a broad skillset that bridges the boundary between business and technical skills, as well as someone who is familiar with product strategy concepts/approaches. As such it will require an individual who has a strong grasp of not only Tolling functions, but also can look into the wider market outside of Tolling for solutions/best practices that could help drive a stronger Tolling solution.
• Collaborate with stakeholders during the visioning and concept development of a product.
• Work with Platform Director to determine scope and priorities for product development cycles
• Draft key objectives, strategies and apply the data for a product to make business decisions
• Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation with clear Acceptance Criteria per Feature
• Collaborate with Product Director, Platform Director and Product Strategy Director to translate business requirements into user stories for the development teams to implement
• Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
• Work with development teams to ensure that they understand the vision for the product, and are delivering an outcome that meets both functional and quality standards
• Provide leadership in developing an approach to integrate the new services (functionally) into the Tolling Operations
• Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency
• Working with a geographically dispersed team, including Transurban staff and external vendor(s) who will be located across three separate time zones
• Partner with peers to ensure risks captured on the risk register are reasonable, are assessed and that appropriate mitigation plans are established, owned and executed
• As the platform(s) develops, the position will continue to evolve, you will be expected to adopt a flexible approach to work requirements and to undertake new or alternative duties as required.
Key Selection Criteria
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or related field
• 3 years of experience in at least three (3) of the following areas:
o Working with Back Office Tolling Applications
o Working in the Cloud environment (preferably AWS) with high-levels of automation
o Working in an Agile Product Development environment
o Working with cross-functional teams to deliver core product platforms
• Experience defining and building products from scratch
• Scrum Certified Product Owner or equivalent
To apply for this position, go to Transurban’s Careers site.