Do you have a Public Affairs or Public Relations Agency background?
Do you seek communications opportunities to influence a variety of key business functions?
Are you a driven self-starter with resilience?
Yeah? Transurban is looking for you to be their new Government Relations and Communications Manager
In this role, you will lead the development and implementation of federal public policy strategy and manage leadership programs that will support the engagement of priority policy and industry initiatives of the company. In addition, you will lead key external communications initiatives that will position the company as partner of choice among governments and within the transportation industry.
- Anticipate federal public policy issues that may affect Transurban and work with leadership to develop positions and strategies
- Coordinate Transurban advocacy strategy on key federal public policy issues
- Provide advice and counsel to Transurban leadership on federal public policy issues and keep leadership informed of relevant trends and developments in the federal policy arena
- Conduct research and produce internal reports on key issues affecting the industry, Transurban and its competitors
- Attend and report on meetings of various associations, coalitions and government agencies
- Support identification, development and execution of new strategic partnerships, thought leadership programs and events that will further Transurban’ s reputation with key stakeholders and audiences
- Write editorial content, by-lined articles and speeches for key internal stakeholders
- Develop and write position statements, advocacy materials and website copy
- Assist internal stakeholders in preparing for speaking opportunities and with accessing library of PowerPoint presentations, briefing notes, talking points, speeches and other communications materials for key Transurban initiatives
- Coordinate Transurban presence at external conferences – including researching opportunities to promote priority issues, maintaining calendar and reports on conference opportunities and impact, identifying and pitching speaking opportunities for Transurban experts and coordinating representation of Transurban on site
Key Selection Criteria
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of experience working in government, politics, public affairs, communications, or related functions
- Must be a strong writer with demonstrated capability
- Transportation and/or experience with public-private partnerships preferred
- Ability to translate ideas and concepts into professional communication products, including speeches, talking points, PowerPoint presentations, articles and other materials
- Strong critical thinking and strategic planning skills to create engaging, audience-centric content
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate to people at all levels both internally and externally, and the ability to operate in political, complex environments
- Strong attention to detail
- Outgoing self-starter who meets deadlines
- Able to manage multiple projects for multiple “internal-clients” while maintaining attention to detail on all work-products
- Demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Office
Details of our career opportunities are available, and you can apply directly for this position (Job Ref 9338) via our career website: