Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
At Atkins, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
Atkins seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Charlotte, NC OR Raleigh, NC team as a Transportation / Tolls Analyst / Engineer.
– Applies general Toll planning, operational, and engineering principles to solve specific toll-related problems.
– Applies knowledge of Toll Systems, Toll Operations, and relevant Toll related Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) technology to the investigation of needs and problems related to transportation planning, engineering and operations, the coordination of Toll project activities, and the preparation of preliminary plans and documents.
– Typically involves the use of conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures or equipment, to carry out diversified engineering projects, or phases of a single project with relatively few complex features and requiring the use of analysis, interpretation, and deductive reasoning.
– Assists in the design and development of tolling concepts, including requirement analysis, technology review and selection; development and communication of operational concepts; development of specifications, implementation plans and scopes of work; cost estimates; contract documents; and oversight of system development, field installation and testing.
– Supports the Design Build procurement process for tolling related components.
– Assists in the preparation of graphic displays, presentation materials, development of reports, and concept and deliverable discussions with clients.
– Major results expected include high-quality written, verbal and graphical deliveries in the form of operational concepts, technology reviews, designs and specifications.
– Job functions will be carried out within small, project-oriented, multidisciplinary teams of Tolling professionals and support direct interaction with clients within the context of project progress meetings, design reviews, operations, and project production and delivery.
– Serves as an extension to client staff, working with the Agency’s offices on a daily basis.
– Communicates regularly with client staff, project managers, external agency and consultant staff.
– Supports occasional field work with technical staff, to collect site specific data as projects require.
– May conduct field visits project sites, if necessary.
– Establishes and maintains records or files of technical data or documents.
– The job requires the upholding of professional / engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
– Performs other such duties as the client may from time to time deem necessary.
– Performs other such duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
Education, Experience & Special Skills Requirements:
– Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Business, Information Technology or other subject relevant to the Tolls practice, and the nature and character of the position.
– The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science / Information Technology.
– Other fields of study may qualify, depending on the candidate’s experience and their relevance to the nature and character of the position including, but not limited to, Transportation Planning, Accounting, Economics, Finance, Public Administration or Law.
– E.I. or EIT, or comparable certification for non-engineers is desirable.
– This level may be achieved by Engineers with 2 years’ experience since Bachelor’s degree or 1 year since Master’s. The typical incumbent has 3 to 5 years’ experience since Bachelor’s degree.
– The ideal candidate would also have a minimum of two years relevant experience beyond the minimum educational requirements providing exposure to toll collection / electronic payment systems and subsystems, video systems, toll infrastructure; traffic management, ITS, multi-modal or mass transit; and/or information and communication technologies toll operations, including fiber-optic communication design.
– Electronics experience is a plus.
– Engineering field experience is a plus.
– Construction inspection experience is a plus.
– A toll-related Master’s degree/MBA can qualify as a substitute for one year of experience.
– Ability to assemble and analyze data.
– Good technical writing and communications skills, including the ability to present concepts verbally.
– Ability to perform in a professional courteous manner and remain friendly while under pressure.
– Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment.
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access.
– CADD and/or MS Visio skills desirable.
– Familiarity with the use of Microsoft Project or equivalent scheduling / work planning program, as well as the use of other project planning and scheduling techniques such as work breakdown structures, Gantt charts and Critical Path Method (CPM) work scheduling.
– Familiarity with the use of Microsoft Outlook or equivalent e-mail program, as well as the use of Internet and other information processing and storage techniques.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; bonus opportunity for superior performance; a rich benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
See more/apply at: http://careers.atkinsglobal.com/job/tolls-analyst-engineer-jobid-na-000592