Toll Operations Engineer
Are you interested in providing engineering services with respect to tolling operations related to the review and monitoring of traffic performance, metrics and trends of highway tolling facilities? If yes, the please consider this exciting opportunity with the Ministry of Transportation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role you will:
• provide transportation engineering services and expertise in highway tolling operations
• review and monitor overall traffic trends and other tolling performance metrics (e.g., classification accuracy)
• develop forecasts for travel demand, revenue, and cost
• develop and maintain performance management frameworks, ensure program oversight and provide input on overall performance management for tolling projects
• identify and conduct investigation and analysis into contentious issues related to tolling operations
• develop/prepare traffic reports, as well as detailed analyses and technical reports for management
• provide technical direction and leadership to project team members including consulting engineers and contractors
How do I qualify?
- applicants must be licensed with the Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO)
- knowledge of the theories, principles, and practices of civil engineering and technological trends and developments in the field of traffic engineering, highway tolling and congestion management
• knowledge of performance management theories and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• knowledge of specialized and standard software used for tolling data analysis, business analytics and preparation of reports
Analytical, Research and Data Modelling Skills:
- analytical, quantitative and research skills to undertake detailed investigations involving traffic data, large data sets, and metrics as they relate to transportation engineering
• data modelling, analysis and reporting skills to understand, analyse and report on tolling performance and to develop forecasts for travel demand, revenue and costs
Communication, Consultation and Project Management Skills:
- advisory and consultation skills to provide expertise in the field of tolling to ministry management including the identification and resolution of issues impacting tolling operations in Ontario
• oral and written communication and presentation skills to prepare and present a range of research, analytical and related reports on tolling operations including briefing notes and strategies to colleagues, managers and executives
• project management skills to plan and lead concurrent projects
Salary Range: $75,537 – $96,459 per year
- 1 Permanent, 159 Sir William Hearst Ave, Toronto, Toronto Region, General Screening Requirement
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position. You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual’s screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
- Minimum salary rates effective January 1, 2017 will be revised in accordance with the new PEGO Collective Agreement.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 100223, by Wednesday, December 28, 2016. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.