Kapsch TrafficCom is a global leader in the ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) industry, focused on connected vehicles, highway traffic management, electronic tolling, and smart city solutions.
Our portfolio of Advanced Traffic Management (ATM) services includes over 40 systems that integrate ATMS, SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition), and automation for collecting real-time traffic and facilities-related data from highways, managed lanes, bridges, and tunnels. This information is delivered to a traffic management center where it is processed for actionable use by road operators, government authorities, and road users.
Our tolling solutions span all-electronic toll collection in free-flow traffic, automated payment at conventional toll plazas, and city tolling. Our solutions comprise radio communication via micro waves, vehicle tracking via GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite Systems), ALPR (Automatic License Plate Recognition) video tolling, and vehicle classification via video and laser sensors LVDC (Laser Vehicle Detection and Classification). Our systems can manage operations for areas ranging from individual roads to entire regions, and can be modified for distance-based or time-based charging.
Our combined intelligent mobility solutions are used to aid traffic management personnel in making critical decisions during emergency response situations, as well as for providing real-time traffic information to road users from the highway to the city.
Learn what keeps Kapsch “always one step ahead” in people and technology.
Kapsch TrafficCom is seeking a Systems/Network Administrator for our office in Austin, TX.
The Systems/Network Administrator will be responsible for the systems administration of Kapsch TrafficCom’s commercial back office offerings in electronic tolling and intelligent transportation systems such as highway traffic management.
- Design layouts, network diagrams and ensure hardware meets or exceeds software specifications & allows for growth.
- Establish, setup, and maintain hosted servers. Setup includes installing SSL certificates, updating firewalls, configuring remote authentication as needed, etc.
- Support a variety of third party commercial off the shelf products and assist with the installation of new technology.
- Maintain hardware inventory, including warranty documentation.
- Establish, setup, and maintain internal servers, desktops, notebooks, printers, user accounts, and user environments; including the setup of phones, email accounts and various other devices.
- Maintain server, network, and software configuration documentation.
- Server maintenance, including virtual environment, VM host monitoring, capacity monitoring and trouble shooting.
- Works closely with software engineering team to implement highly available IT solutions Implement and monitor system security controls.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience and have a minimum of 4 years of system administration experience working in an enterprise software service environment.
- Candidates should have the following skills:
- Firewalls – make changes, setup an internal and external firewall
- Network Architecture – creating the LAN/WAN network architecture to include Cisco switches, firewalls, web servers, application servers, security, OS installation, and application installation.
IT Skills (Preferred):
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008r2/2012r2, IIS, VMWare, Exchange, Office 365, Windows Azure.
- Experience with scripting languages(Perl, Python, VBScript, Jscript, PowerShell, etc)
- Experience in DevOps: version control systems, configuration management, and deployment automation tools
- Experience in troubleshooting software and hardware issues.
- Experience with, virtual machine, and operating system software, particularly client/server applications
- Experience with disaster recovery design, implementation, testing and maintenance.
- Experience with monitoring tools development and implementation.
- Experience documenting enterprise integrated hardware/software architectures preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint preferred.
- Experience with PCI-DSS Compliance the operational procedures to implement the standard a plus.
- Electronic Tolling or Highway Traffic Management IT infrastructure setup and support experience a plus.
Click here to apply.
Kapsch TrafficCom is a leading global provider of intelligent transportation systems (ITS) and offers solutions across our customers’ entire value chain – from single products and components, to fully integrated turnkey systems and solutions in the applications of electronic toll collection, commercial vehicle operations, and highway traffic management. The Company is headquartered in Vienna, Austria with North American headquarters in McLean, Virginia and offices throughout the United States (Virginia, Georgia, New York, New Jersey, Texas, California), Canada (Mississauga) and Mexico (Mexico City).
Kapsch TrafficCom is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
Kapsch TrafficCom is a drug-free workplace.