Kapsch TrafficCom is a global leader in the ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) industry, focused on connected vehicles, highway traffic management, electronic tolling, and smart city solutions.
Our portfolio of Advanced Traffic Management (ATM) services includes over 40 systems that integrate ATMs, SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition), and automation for collecting real-time traffic and facilities-related data from highways, managed lanes, bridges, and tunnels. This information is delivered to a traffic management center where it is processed for actionable use by road operators, government authorities, and road users.
Our tolling solutions span all-electronic toll collection in free-flow traffic, automated payment at conventional toll plazas, and city tolling. Our solutions comprise radio communication via micro waves, vehicle tracking via GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite Systems), ALPR (Automatic License Plate Recognition) video tolling, and vehicle classification via video and laser sensors LVDC (Laser Vehicle Detection and Classification). Our systems can manage operations for areas ranging from individual roads to entire regions, and can be modified for distance-based or time-based charging.
Our combined intelligent mobility solutions are used to aid traffic management personnel in making critical decisions during emergency response situations, as well as for providing real-time traffic information to road users from the highway to the city.
Learn what keeps Kapsch “always one step ahead” in people and technology.
Kapsch TrafficCom USA, Inc., is seeking a Business Development Manager.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing new Traffic Management business opportunities, managing the sales cycle from RFP through award of the project and existing account management. This role will be focused primarily in the Eastern US and will also include targeted opportunities nationally.
The Business Develop Manager will be responsible for:
New Business Development
- Identifying and building new client relationships
- Monitoring markets and trade events to be aware of new opportunities
- Qualifying opportunities and setting strategy for their pursuit
- Leading proposal efforts for qualified opportunities including responding to RFP’s, developing compelling proposals and preparing estimates
- Delivering presentations and product demonstrations at customer sites
- Leveraging experience and resume to present as domain expert
- Negotiating contract terms and scope to close pursuits
- Coordinating with other regional and vertical Business Development Managers on cooperative pursuits
- Identifying and attending various industry conferences and exhibitions
- Coordinating sales activities with marketing and engineering departments
- Participating in industry specific boards and forums
- Preparing and delivering presentations and whitepapers at industry conferences
- Managing and growing relationships with existing customers
- Positioning Kapsch for follow on business within existing accounts
- Monitoring progress and success of ongoing projects
- Liaising between Kapsch project teams and the clients as required
- Assisting clients with the development of new programs and projects centered around their existing investments in Kapsch products and services
Planning, Tracking & Research
- Tracking opportunity funnel and sales activities in Kapsch CRM
- Preparing periodic sales reports and presentations for senior management
- Assisting product management with product roadmap based on industry technology trends
- Compiling competitor intelligence
- Learning the functions and features of the Kapsch traffic management offering
- Building internal relationships with key Kapsch technical and operational staff to support business development efforts
- Preparing proposal and bid review packages for approval by senior management
- Coordinating all activities with the Regional Manager, Director of Business Development and other senior managers
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business and have 5 to 10 years of experience in technical sales (outside sales), sales engineering and marketing Intelligent Traffic Management solutions. Some combination of relevant experience with ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems), Advanced Traffic Management, process automation and systems integration is required.
Excellent verbal and written communications skills are a must. Team selling experience is preferred.
Candidates with project delivery and integration experience are preferred.
Position requires approximately 50% domestic travel.
Kapsch TrafficCom is a leading global provider of intelligent transportation systems (ITS) and offers solutions across our customers’ entire value chain – from single products and components, to fully integrated turnkey systems and solutions in the applications of electronic toll collection, commercial vehicle operations, and highway traffic management. The Company is headquartered in Vienna, Austria with North American headquarters in McLean, Virginia and offices throughout the United States (Virginia, Georgia, New York, New Jersey, Texas, California), Canada (Mississauga) and Mexico (Mexico City).
Kapsch TrafficCom is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
Kapsch TrafficCom is a drug-free workplace.