Software Engineer (C Programmer)
US-MD-Germantown | US
Through our dedicated associates, Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of Fortune 100 companies and over 500 governments – creating exceptional outcomes for our clients and the millions of people who count on them. You have an opportunity to personally thrive, make a difference and be part of a culture where individuality is noticed and valued every day.
This position is a software development position designing and developing mission critical large-scale, high-availability, multi-tier, transactional, enterprise systems.
Education and Required Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science (M.S. in computer science preferred) or related field and 6 plus years of industry experience, including technical leadership.
- Expert C programmer. Should be able to Analyze, Debug and Write Large and Complex C programs.
- Expertise in writing SQLs and SQL Procedures
- Expertise with database driven, multi-tier software development
- Expertise with writing complex queries for Oracle database
- C programming expertise especially secure programming practices
- Linux networking and systems management experience
- GNU Make build system experience
- Experience in high-volume, transaction processing productions systems
- Experience with a recognized software development lifecycle methodology
- Must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer
- Must successfully clear any required contingency screenings (i.e. background, substance abuse)
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience as a technical liaison in support of a project manager
- Provide leadership to other team members to deliver high quality systems on schedule
- Good interpersonal skills to interface successfully with an onshore project manager, clients and office personnel
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Work collaboratively with other members of the project team to ensure timely delivery of high- quality delivery enterprise applications
- Plan and estimate development work needed to implement assigned tasks
- Transform complex requirements into working, maintainable enterprise-level solutions
- Perform detailed application design as appropriate
- Author and maintain design and technical documentation necessary ·
- Integrated unit test development experience
- Test plan development experience
“We cannot provide sponsorship at this time”
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law.
People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the “Submit” button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form. You may also click here to access Conduent’s ADAAA Accommodation Policy.