Senior Field Technician opportunity –
Oxon/Bucks border (Thame, UK)
Salary £35-45k + Bens commensurate with experience
RedFox ID are a R&D / Technology based company focusing on the Intelligent Transportation Solutions (ITS) and Tolling arenas. Although the company is still in its relative infancy the management team is made up of some of the industry’s leading figures, all of whom have over two decades of proven experience in the delivery of innovative, industry leading software for the world of vehicle detection and classification. The team has been instrumental in not only developing but setting the accuracy standards uniformly used throughout the tolling world today.
Due to the launch of their new technology and the successful acquisition of several projects RedFox are now looking to recruit a Senior Field Technician to support the Technical Director with Field and Systems support. This is an exceptional and exciting opportunity to be part of an organisation that will help mould the future of the Automatic Vehicle Classification and Identification (AVC & AVI) industry on a global scale, and for a team with two Queens awards for Innovation and Export under their belt, this is not just hot air. . . .
What you’ll need:
- Although this role is based in the UK there will be a requirement for international travel and you will need the availability and desire to be able to travel overseas, sometimes at short notice.
- No VISA restrictions. Current projects include Europe, Asia, North & South America and the Far East.
- Electrical engineering exposure would be a distinct advantage as the role will involve the “set to work” of inductive loop technology and some basic roadside cabinet installation/testing.
- Experience gained within the ITS arena would also be a distinct advantage, however, strong proven experience of working with roadside customer installations is a must (both in terms of safety and from a civils perspective).
- Systems experience is required and exposure to Linux is a must have.
- Whilst possessing another language is not essential, you must have the confidence to “hold your own” in multi-lingual environments.
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment both in the lab and at the road-side.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills, but have the experience to recognise when to escalate the situation and call for assistance.
- Have advanced customer service skills to deal in sensitive and high pressured environments.
You need to be proactive, self-starter, who has a can do attitude, it is a naturally enthusiastic individual that will thrive in this opportunity.
What’s on offer:
- Unique opportunity to be integrally involved in bringing a new innovative product to market.
- Training will be provided as required.
- This is a grass roots opportunity where potential team creation will be required, posing exciting career opportunity.
- Global travel within establish and developing markets.
This is a permanent position, however, due to the nature of the organisation there is the possibility of a flexible working arrangement dependent on circumstance and experience.
You will thrive in a flexible and pragmatic working environment with the possibility of some home working too. If you are looking for a straight 9-5, following a regimented daily regime then this is not for you, however, if you are the type of person who can think on their feet, challenge the expected and wants to be part of a truly innovative organisation then look no further.
This is an opportunity that will grow as the organisation develops both in terms of responsibility, remuneration and extensive global travel.
For further information on RedFox ID visit www.redfoxid.co.uk
Please apply to email@example.com with a covering letter to support your application.