Are you an accomplished leader with extensive experience in road maintenance and construction?
This position leads the management and life cycle planning of maintenance activities on the 495 & 95 Express Lanes. This includes leadership, development, and coaching of direct team members and oversight of our partners and contractors.
The Road Maintenance Manager is responsible for contractor performance management and optimal life cycle management. The role will interface with the Virginia Department of Transportation and be responsible for coordination of all maintenance activities and maintenance contractors.
The impact you’ll have
- Accountability for preventative and corrective maintenance on our assets to ensure they are meeting current and future needs
- You will ensure cost performance is a focus through effective management of operational and lifecycle budgets
- You will liaise directly with delivery teams to ensure projects are delivered smoothly and with ongoing operations in mind
- You will work closely with the development and innovation teams to identify opportunities and deliver new road maintenance services and capabilities
- You will ensure the Safety and Wellbeing of staff and contractors through diligent governance of Authority to Work and Maintenance of Traffic processes
- Oversight of Safety & Inspection Audits and Statutory Inspections, to ensure concession and customer requirements a met
- Management of internal teams and contractor relationships to deliver Concession Agreement compliance
- Ensure seamless service and support to customers as well as the achievement of key operating objectives
- You will identify issues early, and mitigate as soon as possible
The talents you’ll bring
- Your experience managing roadway infrastructure assets in demanding rapid response environment
- Demonstrate your experience managing on-road safety programs
- Ability to optimize asset management practices including efficient preventative and corrective maintenance and partner performance
- Competencies in implementing risk management systems and conducting risk assessments
- Your previous contract management experience, in particular the ability to construct and negotiate commercial agreements, monitor and manage service levels and resolve disputes
- A Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or your 10+ years’ experience in roadway maintenance will come in handy
- Your expertise in the preparation and management of budgets and annual plans
- Your understanding of asset management and maintenance practices
- Your experience utilizing asset management information systems
- Tolling industry experience including maintenance of roadside tolling and ITS equipment and systems is preferred.
Transurban is driven by bringing people and places closer. The roads we plan, build, operate, and maintain make communities stronger, across Australia and beyond. Together, we’re building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We’re making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We’re getting people where they’re going. And we’re doing it faster, smarter and safer, every last one of us.
Start changing the world around you. Apply now! Go to Transurban Careers