Kapsch TrafficCom is a global leader in the ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) industry, focused on connected vehicles, highway traffic management, electronic tolling, and smart city solutions.
Our portfolio of Advanced Traffic Management (ATM) services includes over 40 systems that integrate ATMS, SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition), and automation for collecting real-time traffic and facilities-related data from highways, managed lanes, bridges, and tunnels. This information is delivered to a traffic management center where it is processed for actionable use by road operators, government authorities, and road users.
Our tolling solutions span all-electronic toll collection in free-flow traffic, automated payment at conventional toll plazas, and city tolling. Our solutions comprise radio communication via micro waves, vehicle tracking via GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite Systems), ALPR (Automatic License Plate Recognition) video tolling, and vehicle classification via video and laser sensors LVDC (Laser Vehicle Detection and Classification). Our systems can manage operations for areas ranging from individual roads to entire regions, and can be modified for distance-based or time-based charging.
Our combined intelligent mobility solutions are used to aid traffic management personnel in making critical decisions during emergency response situations, as well as for providing real-time traffic information to road users from the highway to the city.
Learn what keeps Kapsch “always one step ahead” in people and technology.
Kapsch TrafficCom is seeking an ITS Project Manager for Traffic Systems Delivery out of our office in Rockville, MD.
The ITS Project Manager is a key position that is responsible for the successful delivery of our Advanced Traffic Management Systems (ATMS), Advanced Traveler Information Systems (ATIS) and/or Traffic Signal Systems projects. Key project responsibilities including contract management, financial performance, oversight of the technical delivery, continuing systems operations, and staffing to successfully meet and complete project targets and deadlines, at or below budget. The position assists with identification of additional client opportunities and in the preparation of proposal materials and estimates for those (or other) opportunities.
Major Expectations and Responsibilities:
Proposal Planning and preparation:
- Supports the proposal process with development of scope, approach, and costing content.
- Understands the contract deliverables, requirements and Contract Terms and Conditions.
- Interfaces with leadership to provide status and to solicit strategic guidance.
- Establishes the project budget and financial performance targets.
- Manages subcontractors to include teaming agreements and non-disclosure agreements.
- Understands the complexities, dependencies and interdependencies associated with the ITS deployment work, including internal and/or subcontract support.
- Understands and documents mitigation plans for common specific ITS related project issues and potential risks
- Participates in determining the required resources (amount and type), skills and appropriate resource loading/distribution necessary to perform the work and deliver the project on time and at or below cost, including role/responsibilities of internal partners and contracted team partners
- If applicable, determines the DBE requirements, agency rules, etc. and how those rules will impact the work share.
- Assists in preparing necessary corporate approvals for new contracts (project and operations)
- Assists in the development of cost estimates for both ITS system deployment projects and ongoing operations/services work in the ITS field.
Contract Award and ITS Project Delivery:
- Sets team expectations, goals and values and provides all management leadership across both ITS deployment projects and ongoing operations/services contracts .
- Assists in the planning and build out of the required infrastructure to provide contracted services or project delivery including facilities and staffing.
- Validates/revises/updates scope of work and time requirements of the contract, coordinating with our ITS Global Application Center for technical delivery.
- Verifies/revises/updates subcontract arrangements, any DBE requirements, and internal support
- Prepares a project or operations management plan appropriate for the work type scope (e.g., signals, ATMS, 511, etc.), complexity, requirements, schedule and contract type; identifies critical plan elements to routinely monitor/assess (project control points).
- Confirms or revises estimate, schedule, work plan, amount booked, and project % GM
- Manages and documents client-driven scope changes; assesses impact and initiates appropriate actions such as internal communications, estimate/schedule/work plan revisions, change documentation, and amendment preparation.
- Manages and documents internal contract changes that affect booking, cost, or margin; coordinates with Project Administrators.
- Manages cost, schedule and work plan; manages to the spend plan (cost-budget tracking); updates/revises spend plan (budget-forecast) at least monthly; manages to schedule: updates/revises activities, durations, milestone dates at least monthly.
- Conducts a comprehensive review of ITS project or operations costs, including accruals, at least on a monthly basis: coordinates with Project Assistants as needed.
- Manages cash flow on at least a monthly basis. Manages and reconciles earned revenue and unbilled invoicing.
- Coordinates team activities with schedule and estimates; facilitates regular team communication and regular team status calls/meetings.
- Communicates potential issues immediately upon identification – to management, delivery team (software/engineers), and client (as appropriate)
- Documents delivery issues, changes and decisions in writing and maintains in the contract record. Ensure delivery follows ITS best practices and stated contract obligations.
- Develops impact assessment for potential issues with mitigations strategies.
- Develops cost/schedule recovery plan; submits for review and approval, including preparation of Economic Summary.
- Manages cost of the work by internal partners and contract project team members; coordinates routinely with System and Software Engineering sections regarding cost and delivery of respective work product.
- Reviews and approves subcontractor and vendor invoices; supports resolution of any payment issues.
- Reviews and verifies that an accurate invoice is submitted to client at the end of the month; or, upon meeting a client deliverable milestones, or other payment trigger as identified contractually.
- Facilitates daily interaction with the project team, PA and the client; is easily accessible to the client, and is visible to the client; meets with the client on a regular basis to address delivery and cash management issues or contract issues.
- Coordinates all parties to close the contract (by stage or entirety); reconciles accounting, invoicing, receipts; client closeout.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of ITS Project Management experience in a traffic signals, ATMS and/or 511 software delivery capacity. Candidates must have a strong understanding of ITS software integration projects.
PMP strongly preferred but not mandatory (successful candidate may be required to obtain a PMP or equivalent internal certifications).
Kapsch TrafficCom is a leading global provider of intelligent transportation systems (ITS) and offers solutions across our customers’ entire value chain – from single products and components, to fully integrated turnkey systems and solutions in the applications of electronic toll collection, commercial vehicle operations, and highway traffic management. The Company is headquartered in Vienna, Austria with North American headquarters in McLean, Virginia and offices throughout the United States (Virginia, Georgia, New York, New Jersey, Texas, California), Canada (Mississauga) and Mexico (Mexico City).
Kapsch TrafficCom is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
Kapsch TrafficCom is a drug-free workplace.
Apply online at: https://850.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/e0229/Posting/View/354