Department: Business Services & Customer Relations
Location: Wichita, KS
Posted: Aug 30, 2019
Definition and Examples of Work
- Serve as the program manager for the K-TAG program, interoperable transponder programs and video enforcement efforts to ensure that the Customer Service Center (CSC) operations is functioning in accordance with policies, procedures and business rules established by KTA.
- Responsible for the overall operation of the CSC comprised of two call centers, two retail storefronts, an image processing center and a fulfillment center.
- Establish programs to ensure that all CSC operations staff are adequately trained to perform their jobs and that sufficient resources are available to provide both initial and ongoing training to management and staff.
- Responsible for the establishment and maintenance of a Quality Assurance (QA) program for the CSC operation to ensure the highest standards of quality are met by management and staff. The QA program should encompass an objective assessment and observation system that covers all key functions performed by the CSC operation with the goal of providing the highest quality service to KTA customers.
- Develop and oversee CSC Operations performance measures. Work with managers and supervisors to ensure that there are sufficient resources available to provide the targeted level of customer service in the most efficient way possible.
- Manage all external contracts necessary to perform all CSC Operations functions, including, but not limited to, vehicle registration look-up services; billing/printing services; and mailing services.
- Ensure KTA standard operating procedures are continuously reviewed and kept up to date.
- Develop and maintain solid business partnerships with other state agencies, tolling authorities and interoperable partners.
- Represent KTA at meetings with other government agencies, contractors and industry groups as well as at professional conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Ensure that managers and supervisors have adequate personnel, equipment and training necessary to successfully complete all CSC Operations functions.
- Develop and monitor both annual operating and capital budgets for all CSC Operations.
- Responsible to monitor and report operational and financial information that is related to CSC Operations to the Executive Team and KTA Board of Directors.
- Additional duties may be assigned as business needs require.
Latitude and Impact of Position
This position works independently, and as part of a team, including providing input and problem solving with others to complete tasks. The position leads people and requires the ability to develop and implement strategies to maximize employee performance. The Sr. Manager must be able to delegate work to others, provide coaching and training in a formal and informal manner, and is responsible for providing performance feedback. As a change leader, the Sr. Manager must be able to advance the department towards KTA’s strategic goals while maintaining stability and continuity in the delivery of customer service. Negotiation and persuasion are used with internal/external customers and/or vendors. Decision-making is typically done in conjunction with others, and independently in regard to decisions affecting the individual tasks, department and organizational policy. Successful completion of job tasks impacts operating costs, revenue effect, management decisions, processes and procedures, customer satisfaction, external company image and liability.
The work environment described herein is representative of the general work environment for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily works in office environment while using computers and related peripherals and other office equipment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows or other similar operating systems and office software.
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets, projects and people.
- Must possess strict adherence to deadlines, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment and professional tact when working with people of different backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and adopt an appropriate course of action.
- Demonstrated ability to identify key data components and analyze for business implications and operational performance improvements.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful, fast-paced situations.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years contact center management experience.
- Degree in Business, Public Administrations, Organizational Management, Information Technology, Communications or related field, or minimum of 10 years contact center management experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 3-5 years toll operations or technical experience.
Certification, License, Registration
- Valid driver license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Continuously verbally communicates with others and hears noises and voices.
- Frequent standing or walking and sitting.
- Use of hands to touch, handle or feel (frequent).
- See up close (continuous) and at a distance (frequent).
- Must be able to distinguish between colors and shapes, and use peripheral vision and depth perception, while adjusting focus (continuous).
- Travel overnight, as needed.
- Occasional work beyond normal business hours requiring employee to come in early and/or stay later as defined by the needs of the department.
- Must pass background check.