Commercial Operations Program Director (McLean, VA, or Austin, TX)
Kapsch TrafficCom is a global leader in the ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) industry, focused on connected vehicles, highway traffic management, electronic tolling, and smart city solutions.
Our portfolio of Advanced Traffic Management (ATM) services includes over 40 systems that integrate ATMS, SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition), and automation for collecting real-time traffic and facilities-related data from highways, managed lanes, bridges, and tunnels. This information is delivered to a traffic management center where it is processed for actionable use by road operators, government authorities, and road users.
Our tolling solutions span all-electronic toll collection in free-flow traffic, automated payment at conventional toll plazas, and city tolling. Our solutions comprise radio communication via micro waves, vehicle tracking via GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite Systems), ALPR (Automatic License Plate Recognition) video tolling, and vehicle classification via video and laser sensors LVDC (Laser Vehicle Detection and Classification). Our systems can manage operations for areas ranging from individual roads to entire regions, and can be modified for distance-based or time-based charging.
Our combined intelligent mobility solutions are used to aid traffic management personnel in making critical decisions during emergency response situations, as well as for providing real-time traffic information to road users from the highway to the city.
Learn what keeps Kapsch “always one step ahead” in people and technology.
Kapsch TrafficCom is seeking a Commercial Operations Program Director for our office in McLean, VA or Austin, TX.
The Commercial Operations Program Director is responsible for the daily operations of all Customer Service functions, including the Call Center, Correspondence, Production Support, Violations Processing, Device Inventory, Management and Distribution, and Walk-in Center. In addition, this position will have oversight and management of key subcontractors on the program. This position will have direct supervision over several key Departmental Managers, and indirectly be responsible for all front line employees. The Director will ensure there is compliance with required contract performance standards and service level agreements. Additionally, the Director will prepare staffing models, tag inventory, cost management, and have forecasting responsibilities.
In this role, the Program Director will:
- Lead all of the customer-facing functions across the program
- Manage departmental cost/expense responsibilities and provide budget and forecast input
- Ensure performance standards are met with a high level of customer service is provided to internal and external customers
- Coach, develop and lead direct reports in all areas of people management activity
- Work closely with vendors/subcontractors to ensure that quality standards are met
- Work with developers to fix issues and develop processes to improve workflow and performance
- Drive continuous improvements (e.g., web chat, scanning, etc.) to departmental processes to increase productivity, optimize the customer experience, and reduce costs and risks through innovation, operational, and technological enhancements
- Observe and evaluate processes and make changes and adjustments to achieve greater efficiency and success
- Build a culture of excellence and exceptional customer service.
- Promote and champion team spirit, morale and engagement through employee recognition and effective communication
- Develop, track and monitor key Customer Service metrics
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders and with our client Project Manager
- Monitor customer escalations, issue trends and workload forecasting
- Ensure excellent communication to help foster a customer-centric operation
- Identify opportunities for additional revenue by gaining a thorough understanding of the client business needs and assist with developing proposals for such opportunities
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor of Science degree and have at least six (6) years of experience, with three (3) years in the toll industry where service is delivered in a high volume electronic toll collection environment. This experience should include large scale program and project management, coordination of services subcontractors’ activities to meet scope, schedule and budget.
Candidates must have: proven ability to manage a large staff of upwards of 100-200 employees; strong communication and customer service skills; the ability to make operational decisions in a fast paced, high stress environment; the ability to remain calm and exercise tact and diplomacy in researching and resolving customer complaints and in dealing with employees; proven negotiation and client relationship skills; and excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong presentation skills to succinctly review proposed financial solution to management, customers and subcontractors.
Travel for this role is estimated to be 15% domestic and limited international.
Kapsch TrafficCom is a leading global provider of intelligent transportation systems (ITS) and offers solutions across our customers’ entire value chain – from single products and components, to fully integrated turnkey systems and solutions in the applications of electronic toll collection, commercial vehicle operations, and highway traffic management. The Company is headquartered in Vienna, Austria with North American headquarters in McLean, Virginia and offices throughout the United States (Virginia, Georgia, New York, New Jersey, Texas, California), Canada (Mississauga) and Mexico (Mexico City).
Kapsch TrafficCom is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
Kapsch TrafficCom is a drug-free workplace.