Back-End Java Developer
US | US-MD-Germantown
Through our dedicated associates, Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of Fortune 100 companies and over 500 governments – creating exceptional outcomes for our clients and the millions of people who count on them. You have an opportunity to personally thrive, make a difference and be part of a culture where individuality is noticed and valued every day.
This position is part of a software development team developing and supporting tolling back office products. These industry leading products support the collection of toll and the associated operations for a number of the country’s largest tolling agencies. This position is responsible for analysis, design, coding, integration, test & maintenance of software modules used in the tolling back office system.
Scope of the position includes:
- Design, develop, and maintain complex software programs
- Work collaboratively with other members of the project team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality delivery enterprise applications
- Consult with other solution architects, system support teams, database administrators and application teams on solution architecture, system, database and application design
- Plan and estimate development work needed to implement assigned tasks
- Transform complex requirements into working, maintainable enterprise-level solutions
- Perform detailed application design as appropriate
- Author and maintain design and technical documentation necessary
- Provide leadership to other team members to deliver high quality systems on schedule
- 8+ years’ experience with Java 7/8, J2EE, Eclipse or similar tools
- 5-7 years’ experience with database driven, multi-tier software development
- 3-5 years’ experience using at least one major database (Oracle preferred)
- Excellent experience in Spring Boot, Kafka, Kubernetes, SOAP/RESTFUL web services
- Strong experience in writing complex SQLs and SQL Procedures in Relational Database
- Hands-on Linux and systems management experience
- Deep understanding of data architecture, industry standards, and best practices.
- Ability to clearly and concisely document architectural diagrams, technical proposals, and research results
- Experience in high-volume, transaction processing productions systems
- Object oriented analysis, design and programming skills
- Experience with a recognized software development lifecycle methodology
- Experience as a technical liaison in support of a project manager
- Good interpersonal skills to interface successfully with an onshore project manager, clients and office personnel
- Creative problem-solving skills
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience with Perl and Linux Scripting
- A background in large scale transaction processing and financial management systems.
- Knowledge of credit card processing and related PCI standards.
- Experience working in a team environment where team members are geographically dispersed.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science (M.S. in computer science preferred) or related field and 5 plus years of industry experience, including some technical leadership.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law.
People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the “Submit” button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form. You may also click here to access Conduent’s ADAAA Accommodation Policy.