State of Washington
Notice of Intent
Good To Go!
Toll Customer Service Center (CSC)
The Washington State Department of Transportation intends to issue a Request for Proposals (RFP) to operate its statewide Good To Go! customer service program that includes staffing for the call center and walk-in centers, pass fulfillment, image review, adjudication support and mail processing.
The contract will initially cover four years of customer service operations with the opportunity for multiple, two-year extensions. The tentative release date of the draft RFP is June 2017 with the final RFP being issued on or about August 1, 2017, responses will be due approximately 60 days following issuance of the final RFP and the expected contract start date is January 2, 2018.
The project will serve WSDOT’s I-405 Express Toll Lanes (ETL), SR520 bridge, Tacoma Narrows Bridge, SR167 Express Toll Lanes, SR99 Bored Tunnel as well as future facility expansion. In FY 2016 WSDOT Toll Division handled 47 million transactions with toll revenue of $161 million. WSDOT projects over the next 10 years it will process 636 million toll transactions, with potential revenue of $1.9 billion in gross revenue.
- Staff call center and walk-in centers to support account set-up and maintenance, pass sales, payment processing, toll enforcement and toll program education
- Process incoming mail including pass requests, payments, and returned mail.
- Manage outgoing mail including toll bills, notices of civil penalties, and statements.
- Track, store, and distribute Good To Go! passes sold online, via telephone, in person, and to retailers.
- Coordinate and collaborate with third-party vendors and partner agencies, such as Department of Licensing, Office of Administrative Hearings and the customer service system vendor.
- June 2017— Post draft outline of CSC Operations Requirements and questions for industry feedback
- August 2017—Release CSC Operations Request for Proposals (RFP)
- September 2017—CSC Operations Proposals Due
- October 2017—CSC Operations Proposal Evaluations
- November 2017—CSC Operations Vendor Interviews
- December 2017—Announce Apparent Successful Vendor
- January 2018—CSC Operations Vendor Notice to Proceed
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR DISADVANTAGED BUSINESS ENTERPRISES
WSDOT is committed to promoting equity in contracting. It is a priority for WSDOT to affirmatively expand our efforts to include Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) participation and to afford DBEs fair and equal opportunity to compete for WSDOT contracts. To find out the names of potential sub-contractor firms, Vendors may contact the Office of Minority and Women’s Business Enterprises (OMWBE) for information on certified Minority and Women Business Enterprise firms at (360) 664-9750; WSDOT’s Office of Equal Opportunity (OEO) for information on available Small Businesses at (360) 705-7090; and the Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA) for information on certified Veteran and Service member owned Businesses at (360) 725-2200.
Vendors may receive e-mail notifications for new postings and download procurement documents by registering in the Washington Electronic Business Solution (WEBS) at the following link: http://des.wa.gov/services/contracting-purchasing/doing-business-state/webs-registration-search-tips.
Rick Naten, RFP Coordinator
WA State Department of Transportation