[Editor: This is the text of a March 1, 2017, Illinois Tollway news release.]
Illinois Tollway Seeks Firms for Upcoming Work on Move Illinois Projects
Sixteen contracts worth an estimated $55 million include design and construction management services
DOWNERS GROVE, IL – The Illinois Tollway today announced that it is seeking firms to provide design and construction management services for 16 new contracts as part of the sixth year of the 15-year, $12 billion capital program, Move Illinois: The Illinois Tollway Driving the Future.
The contracts advertised today in PSB 17-2 [link added] will provide for an upcoming estimated $55 million in professional engineering services contracts related to the Tollway’s Move Illinois Program and include:
- Five design contracts for the new I-490 Tollway.
- One design contract for the Illinois Route 47 Interchange on the Reagan Memorial Tollway (I-88).
- One design contract for reconstruction of the Edens Spur (I-94).
- One design contract for pavement and structural work on the Tri-State Tollway (I-294).
- Two design upon request contracts.
- One construction management contract for the Illinois Route 390 Interchange on the I-490 Tollway.
- One construction management contract for ramps on the Reagan Memorial Tollway (I-88)/Tri-State Tollway (I-294) Interchange.
- One construction management contract for landscaping and miscellaneous work on the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90).
- Two construction management upon request contracts.
- One contract for traffic operations and maintenance.
Firms interested in submitting a proposal can visit the “Doing Business” section on the Tollway’s website at illinoistollway.com for more information. [Links added.] Submissions are due March 27, 2017, with contracts expected to be awarded by the Illinois Tollway Board of Directors spring 2017. Work is expected to begin this year.
About Move Illinois
The Illinois Tollway’s 15-year, $12 billion capital program, Move Illinois: The Illinois Tollway Driving the Future, is improving mobility, relieving congestion, reducing pollution, creating as many as 120,000 jobs and linking economies throughout the region. The first five years of Move Illinois is on schedule and within budget, delivering the rebuilt and widened Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90) as a state-of-the-art 21st century corridor and opening a new interchange connecting the Tri-State Tollway (I-294) to I-57. Progress continues on projects addressing the remaining needs of the existing Tollway system, delivering the Elgin O’Hare Western Access Project and planning for emerging projects, including reconstruction of the Central Tri-State Tollway (I-294).
About the Illinois Tollway
The Illinois Tollway is a user-fee system that receives no state or federal funds for maintenance and operations. The agency maintains and operates 292 miles of roadways in 12 counties in Northern Illinois, including the Reagan Memorial Tollway (I-88), the Veterans Memorial Tollway (I-355), the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90), the Tri-State Tollway (I-94/I-294/I-80) and the Illinois Route 390 Tollway.
# # #