Title: Transportation Systems Consultant, Jr.
Location: Downtown Atlanta
We are hiring a recent graduate to work in the ongoing operations and maintenance of electronic tolling systems with the State Road and Tollway Authority (SRTA), a tolling & transit governmental organization based in downtown Atlanta. Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree related to systems engineering, computing, and/or business administration. Candidates with professional (co-op, internship, or other “real world”) experience with the operation and maintenance of complex software/systems are strongly preferred. Experience with or education related to project management/delivery is also a plus.
The transportation industry is increasingly exposed to challenges in moving people and goods in the face of changing technology, climate, and population. Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) systems provide solutions to address these challenges. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates interested in solving global challenges through cutting-edge transportation technology solutions.
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer or information science, systems engineering, or business administration. Experience preferred but not required.
Computer Science/Statistics, Consulting, Systems Engineering, Business Administration
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Well organized
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent technical writing and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software such as Excel and Word
- Experience in Python and/or R is preferred but not required
- Provide oversight of the operations and maintenance of ETC systems
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly audits of vendors’ system performance
- Assess the performance of the client’s existing operations and provide recommendations to create efficiencies
- Act as a liaison between the ETC system integrators and SRTA when solving problems
- Clearly communicate with SRTA staff to ensure understanding of system health
- Perform detailed analyses as needed to identify and solve problems related to the ETC system
- Research trends in the transportation industry to inform client’s strategic decisions
At Fagan Consulting, we combine decades of experience in the electronic toll collection industry with a strong customer-oriented focus to help ETC operators create efficient and effective systems and operations. Headquartered in Austin, TX, Fagan Consulting provides quality consulting services to numerous clients throughout North America.
If you feel this is an opportunity for which you are qualified, and the ‘fit’ seems right, please send questions or a resume and cover letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the subject FC-ATL-CG.