(Updated 04-28-17, 3:15 pm EDST)
Headquartered in Long Island, New York, emovis technologis US, Inc., a leading Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and Electronic Tolling System (ETS) integrator doing business all over the world (Europe, North America, South America, Asia) is seeking a Project Manager for our office located in Westbury, NY. Qualified candidates will be experienced in delivering Design-Build Transportation Systems, including experience managing Tolling projects.
Position: Senior Project Manager (Full Time)
Expected Start Date: Ongoing
Work Place: Emovis technologies us, Inc., 1600 Stewart Avenue, Westbury, NY 11590
Travel Requirements: 30% or sometimes more (depending on the nature of the project). Travel to support national and international projects.
Visa Requirements: Citizen or Permanent Resident
Responsible for the coordination and successful completion of projects in close collaboration with the Operations and Maintenance teams. Oversee all aspects of projects from estimating and bidding through software and roadside design development and manufacturing, integration, installation, commissioning and field testing including contract and change order negotiations, subcontractor management, scheduling, staging and production, project staffing and budgeting / cost control, field commissioning and testing, transition to operation until final acceptance. Sets deadlines, create and maintains project schedule, assigns responsibilities, manages risks and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Identifies and successfully obtains change orders. Builds and maintains working relationships with clients, employees, consultants, vendors, and other team members. Responsible for project budgets and forecasts. Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project. Mentor more junior PM staff.
- Establishing the project budget and financial performance targets Managing cost, schedule, and work plan
- Project management leadership of Electronic Toll Collection Systems (ETCS), Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) projects, functioning as a prime contractor or subcontractor.
- Key point of contact of external clients and end users, responsible for managing all aspects of customer relations
- Preparing estimates, scope letters, updating activities, durations, and milestone dates
- Supporting marketing
- Preparing and negotiating contracts, subcontracts, change orders, purchase orders and related commercial issues
- Procurement of subcontracts, including scope of works, targets and responsibilities definition, consultation, scoring and selection presentation to internal project steering committee
- Reviewing and approving subcontractor and vendor invoices
- Leading the project team to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Leading a team of various activities workpackages including software, website, roadside activities, structure manufacturing, civil works and site installation of equipment and commissioning, solution integration
- Meeting with client to address delivery, cash management, or contract issues
- Government and /or public agency customer experience
- Familiarity with contract management
- Bachelor’s Degree – Preferably in computer sciences/engineering, business/finance or other related field
- PMP preferred
Years of Experience:
7+ years of experience in the Project Management field with “mission critical” technology projects (e.g. contracts, change orders, schedules, fixed price budgets, external customers). Excellent communication skills (written/oral) and the ability to manage multiple priorities are required. Candidates should have experience with Project Management software such as MS Project, Primavera P6, and SharePoint Previous experience in managing projects with field equipment installation and commissioning are required, Previous experience in managing civil works contractors will be appreciated.
Previous experience with Electronic Toll Collection Systems, Intelligent Transportation Systems or SCADA systems preferred. Experience in large scale, transportation construction / system integration projects is preferred.
Languages: Bi-Lingual English and Spanish
Required Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint)
emovis technologies US, Inc.
1600 Stewart Avenue, Suite 501
Westbury, NY 11590