Locations: Concord, NH, San Diego, CA, Washington D.C. or Austin, TX
Senior Software Architect – Tolling
Having a job, a career, a passion is fantastic, a dream come true. But would you agree that a major challenge of working is getting TO work? Too many cars, congested freeways, under-serving public transportation, and a lack of information to help us figure out how to get where we want to go faster, easier, cheaper are all problems looking for solutions.
Want to be part of the solution?
Intelligent transportation is one of the fastest growing industries today, and Cubic Transportation Systems is at the heart of it. We are looking for software developers and engineers with the imagination and drive to help regional transportation providers give their customers actionable data and infrastructure to make informed choices about what mode of travel to use at a particular time, including mobile apps and other wireless devices. The future of transportation payment is in our hands – and it’s mobile and wireless.
The Principal Architect will play a critical role in ensuring the enterprise systems and programs are envisioned, designed, developed and implemented across the enterprise to meet business needs. Incumbents in this position will often be involved in every phase of the project lifecycle from intake through delivery and will be considered one of the leadership team members who have primary responsibility that a solution is well engineered, operable, maintainable, delivered on schedule, aligns to enterprise vision and provides the anticipated business value. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties:
- Researches the latest in industry trends along with the needs of the organization while also being a strong advocate for flexible and robust technology.
- Develops and drives the delivery of complex architectures, communicate vision and strategy and then influence change/improvement across the organization.
- Strategizes broadly across Cubic; recommend new products and services to meet growing and changing requirements and consult with peer groups in the development of project plans and architectures.
- Experiments and provides proof of concept with emerging technologies, while developing enterprise-wide architectures, standards, design guides, processes, and other reference guides in a leadership role.
- Provides architectural direction, 3rd party vendor evaluations, analysis of external party integration, detailed estimation, schedule development, assess resourcing needs during proposal & bids, part of existing programs or R&D efforts.
- Leads creation of and is accountable for system design documentation, including enterprise architectures, feature designs and interface specifications.
- Oversees detailed technical designs created by development teams.
- Analyzes customer requirements (functional and non-functional); participates in requirements capture meetings and workshops with customers as necessary.
- Participates in formal meetings with subcontractors, customers and third party suppliers for technical clarifications.
- Keeps up-to-date on the latest developments in systems engineering, computers, microprocessors, communications systems and software techniques relevant to the company’s operation.
- Participates in the training and monitoring of less-experienced members of the department as necessary. Mentors development, operations and program team members on architecture topics (e.g., issues, directions, guidelines, principles, etc.).
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by the supervisor/manager from time to time, as may be reasonably required of them.
Four-year college degree (BS or BA) in computer science, engineering or related field plus 12 years of related experience or advanced degree with 10 years of related experience. Experience in tolling domain required, including expertise in tolling domain, nomenclature, relevant industry best practices. Must have worked closely to deliver tolling projects, experience with North America E-ZPASS systems a plus. Strong experience as an Architect or Lead role, leading requirements analysis, design, development and operation of distributed, fault-tolerant applications with particular attention to security, scalability, performance, availability and cost/revenue optimization. Demonstrates expertise and leadership in working with business units, product management, development and operations staff to architect innovative solutions that meet the requirements with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability, realistic implementation schedules and adherence to architectural goals and principles. Ability to drive technical designs to consensus and approval. Designs solutions for specific use cases that provide frameworks, interfaces and services that can be extended and reused for future requirements. Demonstrates expertise in broad and deep research, often going outside of their area of individual experience. Able to synthesize conclusions from research, compare various solutions and plot complex technology roadmaps for the varied businesses at Cubic.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
To apply click on the link: