What makes us different?
Our people come first. We want every single employee to develop both professionally and personally. With a strong focus on growth potential, we look to our internal employees as potential candidates for both national and international opportunities. We aim to achieve greatness by promoting from within every chance we get. We work hard and play hard and strive every day for success and achievement. With a diverse group of professionals working in a fast-paced environment, we achieve milestones constantly. And if that weren’t enough, we also offer our employees highly competitive insurance benefits, Paid Time Off and a matching 401(k) program.
Your next calling:
I-77 Mobility Partners (I77MP) has entered into a Comprehensive Agreement (CA) with the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) for the development of the I-77 Express Lanes Project. Under this agreement, the North Carolina Turnpike Authority (NCTA) provides I77MP with tolling services for the purposes of collecting toll transactions through the Tolling Services Agreement. The tolling, high occupancy declaration, dynamic pricing, reporting and business intelligence functions are achieved through the Centrals Systems program, which will be provided by Cintra Tolling Services (CTS) through a Software as a Service (SaaS) contract.
The Central Systems Manager is involved on CTS’ contract oversight and provides necessary input by I77MP under the supervision and direction of the IT&Toll Systems Director. The Central Systems program includes the Back Office System (BOS), Drive On (mobile app), Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, and Toll Setting Module (TSM). The Central System Manager is responsible for ensuring all I77MP needs are being met by providers according to contractual agreements.
The Central System Manager identifies, escalates and mitigates relevant project risks, tracks and reports on project progress/status, reviews, and comments on project deliverables, and makes recommendations on technical solutions to his or her manager. Upon opening of the roadway, the Central Systems Manager will be responsible for the day to day operation of the Central Systems, as well as support contract management and oversight of the Tolling Services Agreement with the North Carolina Turnpike Authority (NCTA) to ensure on time and accurate billing of toll transactions; accurate reconciliation of all revenue; accurate reporting of revenue and traffic, and ensuring express lane customers experience a predictable and reliable trip.
Functions key to success:
- Provide input and oversight to the Central Systems program through its full development lifecycle. This includes tracking project progress, risks, issues, escalating relevant items, ensuring all providers are meeting contractual and project obligations, and maintaining the alignment of requirements with the CA and the I77MP requirements.
- Review and comment on requirements and any other relevant project documentation that define the functionality to be provided by the Central Systems.
- Ensure compliance to all operational, technical and performance requirements and identify operational shortcomings and CA non-compliance items.
- Prepare and update I77MP documents, policies, and procedures as required.
- Oversee and validate Journal Voucher mapping and serve as a liaison to translate financial needs to the internal technical team.
- Review, evaluate, and support the approval process of all Disaster Recovery Test Plans and Test Cases to ensure compliance to all operational, technical and performance requirements and identify operational shortcomings to ensure system availability.
- Liaise with NCTA to ensure operations are in full compliance with the requirements of the CA.
- Oversee that Central Systems design conforms to the CA and I77MP’s requirements.
- Monitor CTS compliance with the Central Systems contract.
- Monitor NCTA compliance to the CA.
- Interaction with the NCTA technical and finance team in accordance with the requirements of the agreed Business Rules and the CA to ensure a smooth and efficient operation.
- Ensure accuracy of payment files, evaluate and investigate adjustments and rejections and file disputes, where required.
- Be responsible for the timely clearing of the Recon Queue and updating of the Dispute Queue.
- Actively escalate system issues and systemic problems to provider support teams and I77MP’s IT & Toll Systems Director.
- Oversee the monitoring and reconciliation of payments received. Track and report delayed payments.
- Ensure accuracy of system generated Journal Voucher files before sharing with the financial team for uploading into SAP.
- Prepare and coordinate month end documentation for NCTA month end meetings.
- Close out of Recon Queue to support Month End activities.
- Update Dispute Queue with month end closing.
- Prepare the pertinent portions of the Electronic Toll Collection System (ETCS) Activity Monthly Report, Traffic and Revenue Monthly Report and other reporting required by the CA pertaining to the operation of the ETCS. Provide information required by other departments necessary to complete their CA reporting.
- Report trends and monitor adjustments, rejections, and disputed transactions over time.
- Report and track traffic, leakage, and revenue while preparing monthly reports for the Executive Team.
- Assist with Accounting and internal/external auditors during audits.
- Review and update Business Rules, as required.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Field Systems Manager and Infrastructure Manager to ensure the full integration of the Central Toll System with the deployment of the Roadside components, ensuring their logical, functional, and technical alignment.
- Work with the I77MP’s teams involved in toll operations and maintenance to identify system defects and enhancements.
- Coordinate a team of image reviewers, ensuring processes and procedures are implemented to maximize revenue and minimize leakage, while continually increasing efficiency.
- Be responsible for Level 2 customer service requests from roadway users needing further investigation about their toll transactions; coordination with Level 1 customer representatives for those inquiries requiring the escalation to Level 2 (Level 1 customer service is provided by NCTA).
- Other tasks as assigned.
What you bring to the table:
You have worked hard to achieve success in your educational career, now put it to use. If you have a Bachelor’s degree, you are half way there with the needed abilities for this position. Have you been working for at least 5 to 8 years’ in the field of toll operations, banking, or another transaction-processing environment? If the answer is yes, you can check off another box. Finally, Project/Program Management or Management experience with management or coordination of multiple teams in a technology systems environment would be the cherry on top.
With success comes a high level of professionalism. We already know you possess the following qualities, but we just wanted to remind you of what is important to I-77:
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Effectively manage tasks, deadlines, and individuals through vendor contracts.
- Ability to interact with colleagues in a self-managed team structure.
- Must be able to multitask, problem solve, and implement innovative processes within a fast paced environment.
- Display attention to detail.
- Experienced in training, supporting and motivating operational staff.
- The ability to be flexible to ever-changing tasks, needs, and requests.
Finally, in a technology-driven world, it is important to know your way around a computer. For this role, it will be important to know the basics of the following:
- Knowledge of Enterprise software systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project and Visio.
- Must be able to demonstrate computer proficiency, especially with Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point and other PC based programs.
Our working environment:
I-77 wants to ensure that all of their employees are comfortable and able to work in the type of culture and environment we have built our business on. Our office is typically quiet with low noise levels; however, you will often hear employees laughing and commiserating amongst themselves. Effective communication will be key for this role and will require you to talk and hear others. You will probably spend the majority of your time sitting and/or walking around the office, whether to visit a co-worker or make it to a meeting on time and there may be occasional long hours to put in if you are diligently working to complete a project and finish a report. There could be a time when you may need to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, but not very often. Finally, there may be some travel involved with this role! Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.