Cofiroute USA is an American Company which is owned by VINCI, a global leader in highway development, tolling, operations, and consulting. We strive to provide advanced tolling and mobility services and solutions to the transportation industry. Our mission is to help our customers achieve all electronic toll collection, traffic operations and customer service excellence through world‐class operations management and strategic consulting services and innovative software solutions.
We focus on maintaining a positive quality of life and work balance for all employees. Our ultimate goal is to provide such an environment in which you will enjoy coming into work daily! We recognize talent, effort and dedication and we reward these distinctive qualities.
This position shall be responsible for the coordination and support of accounting functions for the Company’s project operations, including completion of reconciliation, reporting, auditing, and compliance for all project accounting activities.
Implements accounting policies, coordinates back office system functionality review and testing, and the prepares financial and operating special reports as required including periodic and year-end financial statements for the company projects.
Ensures adherence to all policies and procedures relating to finance and accounting, including internal controls, are in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
This position ensures project financial data is properly recorded and reported timely, accurately, and in accordance with each project’s standard operating procedures and business rules.
The ideal candidate will possess strong accounting, internal controls and reconciliation knowledge and a commitment to accuracy and completion of financial data in a timely manner.
- Oversees the project accounting operations of the company
- Directs Project Accounting Managers in coordination with Project Managers
- Directs, monitors and evaluates the activities and performance of project general accounting staff assigned to Irvine location
- Reviews daily, monthly and yearly financial reconciliations prepared by project accounting staff to ensure accuracy and timely reporting
- Oversees customer refunds and other refunds processes and issuance in a timely manner
- Implements and oversees internal controls to ensure SOC 1 Type 2 audit compliance
- Manages the various projects financials, planning, analysis, and budgeting activities
- Assists in preparation of budget and variance analysis for the projects
- Ensures conformity to established policies and procedures, facilitates data control and retrieval of records
- Assists in the development and maintenance of project policies and procedures
- Assures the protection of project assets through established internal controls and audits
- Reviews results of project internal audits and ensures compliance to policies
- Evaluates workflow processes and makes recommendations for improvements
- Evaluates back office systems related to functionality and efficiency improvements and makes recommendations
- Understands back office system and requirements as it pertains to financial transactions and performs / assists in testing related to financial / accounting transactions and reporting
- Acts as Finance Manager for implementation phase of new projects and ensures all policies and procedures and business rules are implemented, assists in system development and testing, develops reports, establishes customer invoicing process, etc.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and special analysis as required by management and customers
- Undertakes special projects as assigned
- Keeps abreast of current accounting trends, practices, and developments in the profession including governmental accounting standards and regulations, GAAP and GASB
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel will be required
- Ten key skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and under strict deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion properly
- Should possess an above advanced skill ability and knowledge to develop, create, and utilize Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Word documents on a daily basis. The individual should possess the skills and ability to learn and utilize new software products as introduced by the organization.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple to complex instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write complex procedures, staff memos, and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Active CPA required
- 5+ years managerial experience required
- Tolling experience preferred
- Demonstrated capabilities in supervising, implementing, reconciling and reporting of all financial aspects of a complex, custom financial system of a comparable scope
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to help our employees meet their responsibilities at home and at work, and to improve their quality of life. Depending on your employment status you may be eligible for all or some of the benefits offered
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance after 30 days of employment
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, Short Term & Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matching
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Revised July 23, 2020