EVENT: The Value of Public-Private Partnerships (Chicago, May 3rd)
Against the background of a fiscally-constrained economy, the public sector is increasingly turning towards Public-Private Partnerships (P3s) as a tool to deliver much needed infrastructure projects. Because the US is only recently starting to tap into the opportunities that P3s offer, the objective of this conference is to contribute to the current momentum by bringing together leading practitioners in the field. Attendees will hear from companies participating in several of the most complex P3 projects in the country, the governments that are implementing them, leaders of the finance community and think-tanks.
The focus of the seminar will be:
• The benefits and challenges of greater private sector participation in infrastructure projects;
• The critical design features of a "bankable project" to support the development of a pipeline of P3 infrastructure projects; and
• The policy actions required to strengthen national P3-enabling environment and legislative frameworks.
Featured Keynote Speaker:
Regina McElroy, Director, Office of Innovative Program
Delivery, Federal Highway Administration, US Department of
Confirmed Speakers include:
- Sheila Simon, Lieutenant Governor, State of Illinois
- Ann L. Schneider, Secretary, Illinois Department of Transportation
- Coriseo González-Izquierdo, CEO, Spanish Institute of Foreign Trade (ICEX)
- Lois Scott, CFO, City of Chicago
- Gabe Klein, Commissioner of the Department of Transportation, City of Chicago
- David Álvarez, Executive Director, Puerto Rico Public-Private Partnerships Authority
- Jack Basso, Director of Program Finance and Management, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO)
- Lauro Bravar, CEO South East, OHL USA, Inc.
- Jorge Camiña, Head of Project & Acquisition Finance US, Santander Global Banking & Markets
- Roger Driskell, Deputy Director, Illinois Department of Transportation
- María Jesús Fernández, Trade Commissioner, Trade Commissioner of Spain in Chicago
- Javier García, Senior Manager-Project Finance, Bankia
- Jesús González, Head of Global Lending North America, Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. (BBVA)
- Jordi Graells, President, Abertis USA, Corp. and International Bridge, Tunnel and Turnpike Association (IBTTA)
- Michael Lapolla, Managing Director, Global Via USA
- José A. Morán, Partner, Chicago, Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Richard Norment, Executive Director, National Council for P3
- James P. O'Brien, Partner, Chicago, Baker & McKenzie LLP
- J. Perry Offutt, Managing Director, Morgan Stanley, Investment Banking Division
- Juan Santamaria, Chief Operating Officer, ACS Infrastructure Development, Inc.
- Michael S. Smith, Partner, Chicago, Baker & McKenzie LLP
- George A. Tapas, Senior Manager - Strategic Advisory Services & Public-Private Partnerships, URS Corporation
- Aaron Toppston, Director, AON Infrastructure Solutions
- Carlos Ugarte, Director - Corporate & Business Development, Cintra Infraestructuras, S.A.
- David Utz, Vice-President, Goldman Sachs
Download the full event details below or CLICK HERE FOR FREE REGISTRATION.